Muadh was speaking to a Shaykh last night just before prayer time and both of their phones kept continuously beeping with incoming WhatsApp messages
He told the Shaykh that he has not experienced such levels of helplessness, despondency and disappointment in the Muslim Ummah for some time, not only the general Ummah is hurt over the ensuing Israeli aggression (subsequent massacre and war crimes) in Gaza but they are furious with the lack of action from Muslim Governments around the world.
Ecuador recalled its ambassador from Israel recently, South Africa considered such a move but stopped just short.
The Muslim countries (particularly the Arab states) have been eerily silent with the toothless OIC (aptly named O! I see…) by the late Dr Israr Ahmed non-existent.
The void has left Muslims to largely vent their frustrations by distributing and pictures from Gaza on social media, a lot of the messages are confused, convoluted, misinformed and pictures doctored. People just seem to be forwarding messaging like a conveyor belt, they get the message they forward the message!
In UK people are being bombarded by messages which are fake, old and no longer valid.
Here is a brief list of suggestions for all Muslims (most of this is applicable to UK but can be adapted to your country):
1. CAMPAIGN in your local Mosque (Masjid) for the Imam to start Qunut and also urge your community to make dua
2. DON’T FORWARD every single message which comes to you. THINK, VERIFY before sending
3. WRITE to your MP using a simple website, ensure that your address is included otherwise you won’t GET a response
4. WRITE to your MP, councillors, MEP and everybody else using a simple website, ensure that your address is included otherwise you won’t GET a response
6. URGE the British Foreign Secretary Phillip Hammond to STOP arming Israel. The letter is already written for you just enter your details and click SEND
7. JOIN the global call for STOP arming Israel. The letter is already written for you just enter your details and click SEND
8. DON’T FORWARD random message of Boycott to people, rather URGE others to check the facts from an already established movement such as BDS or Friends of Al-Aqsa. Believe meBOYCOTT does drop Sales and profit margins of Israeli companies
There is no reason for you to vent your frustrations on Social Media, rather be organised be meticulous rather than sending doctored videos, images and dubious calls for Boycott.
Because you will frustrate even the most sincere Muslims by sending random Boycott messages, Boycott this and Boycott that, people will just get frustrated and give up as they will find it impossible to keep up!
Most importantly, it is your Islamic obligation to verify news before forwarding…
يَا أيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن جَاءكُمْ فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَأٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوا أن تُصِيبُوا قَوْمًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصْبِحُوا عَلَی مَا فَعَلْتُمْ نَادِمِينَ
[49:6] O you who believe, if a sinful person brings you a report, verify its correctness, lest you should harm a people out of ignorance, and then become remorseful on what you did.
Here is a quick list of companies which you can easily remember and Boycott.
- Pampers (Proctor and Gamble)
: Procter & Gamble, which produces Pampers, is one of the largest clients of an Israeli company that supplies diaper products, Avgol Nonwoven Industries. P&G accounts for nearly half of the company’s sales, according to the pro-boycott research group Who Profits.
- Marks & Spencer
: Linked to Zionism since its start
- Victoria’s Secret: The popular lingerie company is one of the largest clients of Delta Galil, which operates a textile factory in the West Bank
industrial zone of Barkan as well as a shop in the settlement of Maale Adumim.
: Intel are one of the biggest supporters of Israel. Their very first development centre outside the US was opened in Haifa in 1974
: Owned by an active Zionist
- McDonalds: BDS supporters have targeted McDonald’s for its partnership with the Jewish United Fund, which, among other things, promotes visits to
Kiryat Gat, built on top of a destroyed Palestinian village.
- Motorola: Known for providing surveillance equipment used around Israeli settlements, along the Israeli-built separation barrier, and along the
Israel-Gaza border. In addition, the company signed a $100 million deal with Israel in January 2014 for encrypted smartphones for its soldiers and
: Honoured by Israel for a Jubilee award
- Estée Lauder
: Active Zionists
- Jaffa Oranges: Read the label and don’t buy it!
- Hewlett Packard (HP): Hewlett-Packard, the maker of computers and printers better known as HP, has come under fire for its involvement in biometric
technology at Israeli checkpoints and for Israeli identification cards.
- Medjool Dates: Majority of these dates comes from Israel so pay attention!
- Soda Stream
: Palestinians complained about not having enought food, this company sacked (fired) 60 of them!
- Ahava (Beauty
Products): The Israeli cosmetics company, whose name means “love,” is a common target of BDS supporters. Ahava’s products use minerals from the Dead
Sea, which borders occupied territory, and its manufacturing plant is located in an Israeli settlement in the West Bank that is also a shareholder in
the company, giving the settlement a direct financial stake.